Sunday 6 July 2008

Christian Romance

Finished July 6
Coming Unglued by Rebeca Seitz
This is the second in the Sisters, Ink series, about four adopted sisters who run a scrapbooking networking group. This book focuses on Kendra, who underwent a rough life before her adoption, with a disinterested mother who had a string of boyfriends. Kendra still has some issues with her self-worth, based on her earlier life. Even though she has a man who seems very nice and is interested in her, she is still drawn to an inappropriate relationship.
The dynamics between the sisters are good, and here they are all preparing for the wedding of the youngest sister, Tandy. Tandy is big on planning, and a wedding is the ultimate in plans. As the sisters help each other through the issues in their lives and celebrate the joys, they also look at the role of God in their lives, and how he sends things into their lives they don't always expect.
I wasn't sure that I would enjoy this book, but I really did. I also have an adopted sister that I feel close to (although we live thousands of miles from each other), and this brought that relationship to mind for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment