Saturday 4 July 2009

Books and Reading

Finished July 1
The Polysyllabic Spree by Nick Hornby
The subtitle of this book is "a hilarious and true account of one man's struggle with the monthly tide of the books he's bought and the books he's been meaning to read".
I've had this hanging around for a while and picked it up on Canada Day and read the whole thing. (I know I should have picked a Canadian book, what can I say.) The book is a collection of Hornby's columns from Believer magazine and each column begins with a list of the books he bought during the last month and another of the one's he's read.
The column goes on to discuss these, mostly about the ones he read. It is definitely amusing and I enjoyed it thoroughly and have added more books to me "want to read" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment