Sunday 20 February 2011

Monsters of Men

Finished February 17
Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness
This is the third and final book in the Chaos Walking series and I found it the most difficult to read. It was very violent and I actually took a break from it part with through as I found it was getting to be too much. They all have a lot of violence, but it really seemed to hit me this time, perhaps as I was feeling that the plot wasn't progressing at that point. There is such hate between some of the characters here that it was very depressing. However, that part did pass and the book went in a very interesting direction, particularly with the Return.
The series as a whole held together very well and I found it had interesting themes to it.
For some reason, I'm having a difficult time writing about it though, so this will be a short entry.

1 comment:

  1. This book was read for the Evil category in the What's in a Name book challenge.

    ReplyDelete