Sunday 3 March 2013

Tea and Books Challenge

Dare I really add another reading challenge to my year. Answer: yes, afraid so.

I heard right from the source (Book Garden) about this challenge, and since I love both tea and books, decided I must join the Tea & Books Reading Challenge.

Here is how it works:


You may pick both fiction and non fiction books! Short story collections, anthologies or collected works in one volume are now allowed! Re-reads are also ok (though preferably you should read one of those unread tomes that have been collecting dust on your shelves)!
Last year you had to read 700+ pages but she reduced this to 650+ for 2013.
And as a little incentive - books with more than 1.200 pages will count for two books (so theoretically you can read four such super-chunksters to reach the Sencha Connoisseur level)!
Last but not least - no large print editions of a book, please!

Here are the levels to strive for:
2 Books - Chamomile Lover
4 Books - Berry Tea Devotee
6 Books - Earl Grey Aficionado
8 or more Books - Sencha Connoisseur

I felt tempted to only go for the 4 book level, but I really don't like Berry Tea, so decided to up it to the 6 book level (am definitely a fan of Earl Grey, particularly Creamy Earl Grey, which I had post-breakfast today). Also, since crossovers with other challenges are allowed, I can also use these books toward my Chunkster Challenge


1 comment: